In honor of Phoenix turning 20 months today here are 10 facts about her.
1. She had crazy hair, and I mean crazy. It was long (past the middle of her back), it was uncontrollable and she hated it brushed. But, it was oh so cute!
2. She would show off for her O.T. Whenever Cindy came over, Phoenix would start running around, squealing with delight. She would finish her exhibition with a modified army crawl where she would keep her little booty as high in the air as possible.
3. Phoenix was terrified of a real cow sound and the cow at Chic-Fil-A. Regardless, she had mastered ‘What does the cow say?’
4. To Phoenix. grass, flowers and mulch (basically all flora) were her mortal enemies. As long as they didn’t bother her, she wouldn’t bother them.
5. She LOVED her swim lessons. At her last lesson, I set her on the gutter (she was sitting) and told her to jump to Mommy. She did, and she loved it.
6. She had the best smile in the world.
7. She could be a little stinker. One day I told her not to touch a lamp wire, she looked at me and put her feet on the wire. Or, if I heard her in the kitchen, in a cabinet she wasn’t supposed to be in, I would start walking toward the kitchen only to hear the cabinet door slam shut and the scurry of little feet.
8. Her lullabies were renditions of Beatles songs.
9. She was determined to pick the cat up. Even, if the cat was half her weight.
10. Phoenix loved to read. She would sit for several minutes at a time, just looking at her books.